Friday, July 07, 2006

On Spot, A Stripe

I let the dogs out this morning with a bit of trepidation. Actually, EVERY time I let the dogs out, it is with a bit of trepidation. You just never know what is going to happen when our dogs are introduced to the great expanse of our suburban, fenced-in back yard.

Jed is a avid lizard hunter, always on the lookout, guarding the perimeter against lizard foes. When I open the back door, she goes tearing outside. Every time. Must protect family from lizard evil-doers. Milo... well, she is just bizarre. She wanders around the yard like she is looking for something. She stares, sometimes at the grass, sometimes at the fence. Then she takes off, chasing imaginary friends maybe. Milo rarely wants to come back inside when she is called. She prefers to sun in the yard. And when I call her, she looks at me like a sullen teenager. Nice. And sometimes she just tunnels out of the backyard. No fence is going to hold her back. No, sir. She is going to ... uh... yeah, I am not sure what she does when she gets out but she is always back within half an hour. It's like sneaking out your bedroom window as a teenager, simply to sit on your own driveway. Lame. But annoying, nonetheless.

Anyway, I let the dogs out this morning. I made my coffee and got them a bowl of water. We like to enjoy our beverages as a family, don't you know. So, Jed is slinging water all over the floor and I call Milo to come inside. She does... on the first call. Then Milo and Jed commence pushing each other around to get the best spot at the bowl. I looked down and noticed clay rubbed all the way down Milo's right side. In a straight line. What in the world?

Now, please note that I don't have on my glasses at this point. Which means I am as blind as a bat. So, I bend very close to wipe Milo off. Close enough to realize that that isn't dirt... it's POOP. IN A STRAIGHT LINE, LIKE A RACING STRIPE.

Only Milo. Seriously.

5 Comments:

Blogger Trista said...

Your dogs are nearly as weird as ours.

1:57 PM  
Blogger ramer said...

eeewwwww

3:34 PM  
Blogger betsy said...

oh i just laughed and laughed ...

that's one heck of a good morning.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Miss Kris said...

grody!

7:57 PM  
Anonymous aaron said...

Your post reminded me of something I hadn't thought of in years:

My mother tells the story of when I was a baby - it seems my diaper got dirty and I took it off while I was in my crib. I stood up and started smearing it all over the wall. She came into my room and saw what I was doing - called to my father, "Chuck I think our son is going to grow up to be an artist".

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web hit counter