Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Foot, Meet Mouth

This past Friday, Amy and I went with a group of our friends to crash the Mary Poppins Sing-Along. We decided hit The Hub before hand, for some adult beverages.

(Look, if you were wearing a dog outfit, you would want a beverage too!)

Amy Kellogg was hanging back in front of the Tampa Theatre after our photo shoot, talking to folks in the 90 degree, 80% humidity weather... so I decided to head into The Hub with Melissa, a friend of ours who happens to be Amy's ex-girlfriend.

Now, as much as I hate to admit it, Melissa and I didn't exactly hit it off well when we first met. You know, the ex-girlfriend/new girlfriend clash. The tension between us has long since dissipated (thankfully)... but our very rocky start is key to this story.

Outside of The Hub, Melissa and I run into Julie, an old Kellogg family friend. She knew Melissa when Melissa and Amy were together, and she has known me since Kellogg and I met. Julie was also at our wedding.
Melissa and I both hug Julie hello and we all head into the smoky, dive atmosphere that is The Hub. Kellogg is still in the stifiling heat chatting someone up, mind you.

At this point, it becomes clear that Julie has had more than one cocktail. Cool. It is Friday. Get your party on, and whatnot.

Julie: (leaning toward Melissa) So, how is married life treating you?
Melissa: (looking perplexed) Dude, I'm not married...
Kendra: (looking at Melisssa in shock) Did you forget to tell us something?
(Melissa left the country for almost a year, and she was dating someone when she left. Did they get married in South America and not tell anyone??)
Julie: Well, did you get the marriage anulled?
Melisssa: (getting visibly aggitated and increasingly confused) Julie, I SWEAR, I didn't get married!
*pause*
Melissa: (a light of comprehension, then something akin to panic) OH MY GOD, JULIE. Did you think I married KELLOGG. KENDRA (gesturing emphatically in my direction) married Kellogg.
************

Folks, this is reason number 312 to regulate your alcohol consumption. Poor Julie.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Aaron said...

I'm glad you cleared that up - I thought we were married. I really should sober up at some point.

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Amy said...

oh my god, that's hysterical! the lesbian community is definitely a small one, what a trip!!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Estelle said...

Oh my.
You're married? I think we need to cancel our date. I don't date married women.
So tell me more about Melissa... ;)

3:00 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Wow...good thing there's that whole Friday-it'sbeenalongweek-alcohol excuse, huh? How funny!

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web hit counter