Tuesday, July 11, 2006

And Now... A Story

On Saturday, Amy and I went to Bike Fest 2006 to meet some potential new friends that, perhaps, would have bikey natures like Amy's. Because I can only talk about bikes for so long, before I spontaneously combust. Which is messy. But that is another story. Anyway, bike friends for Amy! Whooo! We had fun. And met nice people. And Amy had someone other than me to discuss bikes with for almost two hours. And I didn't combust! Yes, another successful Saturday morning!

On the way home, we decided to stop by Dogwater Cafe. It was recommended. And when I say that I mean that someone had told us there was cold beer and food there. It was hot out. And it was nigh on beer-thirty. And FOOD! I love food! Sounded like the perfect end to Amy's bike adventure to me.

First inclination something was amiss: The restaurant smelled like someone had bottled that lovely wet dog smell and used it like potpourri. Did we run away? HECK NO! We ordered a beer! I told you it was beer-thirty.

And the beer? Lukewarm (even WITH the ice pack built into the pitcher! A travesty, you say? I agree!)

Food? I suppose you could call it that. We ordered grouper nuggets... which also doubled as grouper jerky. Or grouper leather. You decide. And the curly fries? They were called Poodles. Because it was Dogwater Cafe, you see. And our food? It was served in dog bowls. Uh huh.

Oh, the injustice of it all!

(Eh... don't get too caught up in my woe. There was cold beer at home.
Another happy moment, brought to you by Miller Lite in a can!)

3 Comments:

Blogger betsy said...

do't you thik that even the name "grouper nuggets" is unappealing? ick.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

My uncle, long ago, mistakenly ordered Chicken Nuts from a McD's drive through. If you've ever seen a chicken mcnugget - you'd know why.

Bike Fest 2006! w00t!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

You guys have interesting restaurant ju-ju, don't you?

And by the way, i LOVE chicken mcnuggets, even if they aren't really chicken. Actually, i might prefer it that way.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web hit counter