Tuesday, June 27, 2006

When the Binkie Fairy Comes, Can I Have Another Binkie?

I am working today. No, no... not like I am AT work. I am actually DOING work. Sound the alarm; my brain may explode. I have written 3 sentences of a 15 page grant and, WHOOO!, am I spent.

In other news... Angie, Matthew, Amy and I went to Ballyhoo Grill for dinner last night. I find it a rather odd phenomenon that everytime we take Angie out to eat at a place we like, there is something wrong with her food. Last night, the salmon was overcooked. Granted, they did bring it out on a cedar plank that was still smoldering, but still... They get cool points for presentation, but no one wants to eat fish that resembles shoe leather.

Ames and I headed home after dinner and a quick trip to Borders, and I promptly crawled up on the couch with my blanket and pillow. Remember that PMS I mentioned yesterday? Yeah. Tired, lethargic and cranky... that's me! Want to come over and hang out?

Anyway, about 5 minutes after I had finished my Slim-A-Bear (I love a Slim-A-Bear... which I try to say as often as possible. You would be surprised how many times I can say Slim-A-Bear in one conversation. Go on. Say it. Slim-A-Bear. Now you want one, don't you?), I got up to grab some tostito chips. Amy shot me a sideways glance. You know the glance...the "do you REALY want to eat those?" glance.

To which I responded: Look Amy, just let it go... just think of them as a salty pacifier.

Besides, salty goodness aside, we were fresh out of Slim-A-Bears.

5 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

THANK GOD for the Tostidos. I thought "think of them as a salty pacifier" was the funniest thing I'd ever heard.

And she means it about saying Slim-a-bear a lot. You know what Kik wants? You can bet it's a Slim-a-bear.

2:15 PM  
Blogger betsy said...

what exactly is a slim-a-bear?!

10:36 PM  
Blogger ramer said...

I saw them in the frozen food section of my local grocer last night and thought of you!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Kiker said...

A Slim-A-Bear is an ice cream sandwich. But it is a MAGIC ice cream sandwich that has almost no fat and only a smattering of calories. :)

Betsy, we shall purchase some in ATL.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

i want a slim-a-bear!

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web hit counter