Wednesday, June 28, 2006

May I Have A Side of Cardboard With That?

Although Amy and I work across the street from each other, we rarely lunch together. After all, we spend 90% of our free time together, so lunch together constantly would seem a bit like overkill. But today, I decided that I wanted to take little Ames out somewhere fun. So I grabbed the Tia's Tex-Mex coupon on the way out of the house this morning, figuring we could lunch together. Please keep in mind that I LOVE a coupon. I am not cheap by any means, but I get a huge kick out of getting, say, two entrees for the price of one. TWO entrees. ONE charge. Brilliant, isn't it?!?

I picked Amy up at work. We squabbled. Because what good is a lunch date, if you can't royally screw it up right off the bat with some good old-fashioned bickering? We got over ourselves. I mean, how pissy could I really be? I had that two for one coupon, remember?

Amy ordered a lunch burrito with chicken. I got a Su Casa Creation (cheesy. The name, not the food) with a beef crunchy taco and a chicken enchilada. I was hyped. I enjoy Tex-Mex. And, while Tia's is on the way home from work, we never really consider it as an option for dinner. Perhaps we were unwittingly wise.

My taco tasted like cardboard. Truly. I had to salt my taco for it to taste like anything. And then I had to dump salsa in it, because then it just it tasted like salty cardboard. My enchilada? Cardboard. Beans and rice? Cardboard? Check! Amy wasn't faring any better with her meal, so she asked if we could order some queso for her burrito that looked like it had been microwaved and then placed under a heat lamp. Queso makes everything better, right? Not when it tastes like cardboard! Folks, I swear to you that this stuff wasn't even Velveeta. It was liquid cardboard. Which they charged us $2.10 for.

It's okay, though. Apparently it wasn't a total wash. Amy said that her sweet tea was good.

7 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I was just saying that about the tea...j/k.

I had a nice monkey time with you though beautiful.

2:18 PM  
Anonymous aaron said...

Thanks for writing this post. Mikey and a friend of his LOVE Tia's - me, not so much. (I don't remember which one I get dragged to - it's near a Best Buy but might not be the same one.)

They love it so much that they are on a first name basis with most of the staff. Hell, just to keep my man happy I might need to start filling the inside roll of toilet paper with cheese, chicken and salsa and serve it up for dinner; "See honey, just like Tia's".

Coupons are cool though.

4:17 PM  
Blogger ramer said...

I'm so glad I opted for Turkey Joe's tonight instead of Tia's.

shhhhuuuhhhh!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

God's just smitething you over your mockery of the nunhood as a mere puking escape.

1:23 AM  
Blogger Kiker said...

Gee, Steph, when you put it that way...

9:46 AM  
Anonymous amy said...

damn, it's been many years since i had tia's, like 10, when they first got to tampa and i LOVED it. sounds like they've gone down hill since...

5:35 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Tia's TexCardboardMex Grill! Mmmmm...i don't remember it being so bad. That sucks!

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web hit counter