Thursday, November 17, 2005

There's a Hole in the Bucket, Dear Liza, Dear Liza...

There's a hole in the bucket, dear Liza, there's a hole...*

Our dogs have taken so kindly to digging holes under the fence. In various places. So they can explore our neighbors' yards. Whenever they want. And sometimes, when we are really lucky, they completely escape the confines of ANY fence and can be seen running like gazelles in the neighborhood. Okay, well only Jedda runs like a gazelle. Milo kind of plods along. But STILL. Don't they understand that they are playing Russian Roulette with their LIVES when they do this? There are CARS beyond the fence. They are shortening my lifespan by at least a day every time they get out. And they DON'T CARE. Ungrateful dolts.

So, I took matters into my own hands this morning. I got up at 6:45 a.m. and proceeded to fill in EVERY HOLE they dug along the fence. Not only did I fill in the holes, but I leveled out the dirt along the fence. Now, hopefully, they won't even know where to begin with the digging. Ungrateful beasts.

There are two consequences to the early morning utilitarian landscaping of our yard:
a) we should be able to go outside with the dogs for more than 5 minutes before they escape
b) I am ridiculously wound up right now. Oftentimes, getting up early does that to me. Getting up and SHOVELING?!? Watch out folks; I am rarin' to go!

Unfortunately, because I have a desk job in which I must do EVERYTHING on the computer, that translates into bouncing my leg a lot and wondering if there is a way to sneak out of here early.

But I am holding on to the hopes of productivity... Soon. Very, very soon.

*For those of you who NEED to know the rest of the lyrics from the title, you can go here.

5 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Darn Spotos.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Estelle said...

Oh darn you. Now I am going to be humming that all day! "So sharpen it dear henry dear henry dear henry..."
UGH!
Luckily ours have given up digging out. Poop in the holes never worked... bleach did for a while... eventually they just lost interest though.
Hope you can let out some steam at lunch time!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Trista said...

When we had a digginest dog we had to run an l shape of chickenwire along the fence and ground. It looked aweful -- very white trash -- but worked. I don't recommend it unless you're desperate. But I'd definitely go the chickenwire route before pooping in the holes. That's just gross, Estelle.

12:02 PM  
Blogger betsy said...

i'm thinking the chickenwire will be a perfect addition to the days/nights of porch sitting and drinking busch from the can.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

just run it on the inside, then only your FRIENDS will know you're white trash. :)

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web hit counter