Friday, September 16, 2005

Tick. Tock.

Time never moves slower than it does on a Friday afternoon. Even when I am busy and productive (gasp), I look at the clock and SWEAR it hasn't moved. I am very concerned I am stuck in a time warp and there will be no one to come and rescue me. What if I get stuck in Friday afternoon all weekend, then the time warp hiccups and it becomes Monday? This is a serious issue, folks. It could happen. You don't know.

Also, Friday gives one occasion to ponder the all important question: "What are we doing for happy hour?" I realize it is probably wrong & somewhat borderline addictive behavior to begin pondering that question at 10:00 a.m. on a Friday. But I do... every Friday. What if I make the wrong choice and my weekend starts off on a downslope??? Huh??? Answer THAT for me.

But what I am most grateful for, on this particular Friday, are that the agonizing creeping of time and the Happy Hour Decision are the ONLY big things on my mind. Read some Mommy-blogs and you will understand. I think I over-indulged in the Mommy-blogs a bit today, and all I can think is THANK THE GOOD LORD that I do not have a snotty-nose, sippy-cup throwing child interfering with my happy hour plans.

(Disclaimer: I want children. People who have children are living each day with a gift from God. I am simply saying that I feel comfortable waiting for that gift until at least Monday)

5 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

As one new mommy told me (at happy hour on Friday, actually), you get used to holding a beer AND a baby and not feeling guilty (as long as it's A beer, not my typical 3 or 4). While that was a hard concept for me to grasp while holding the baby and longing for my beer sitting, sweating on the table in front of me, i look forward to realizing that myself. :)

2:30 PM  
Blogger Kiker said...

That made me laugh. Perhaps I can put red wine in a sippy cup (for ME, not the baby), so I can drink that without wearinging it.

I have actually started considering wine in a sippy cup since we acquired Milo the Wonder Dog.

2:39 PM  
Anonymous ramer said...

I am not kidding. I actually thought how great a margarita would have been at 10:00 a.m. this morning.

Here's to happy hour. Speaking of, what is the plan?!

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Sara said...

Did somebody say Margarita?

3:15 PM  
Blogger betsy said...

girls my entire office has been talking abouthappy hour since yeStErDaY ... heh.

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web hit counter