Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Sleepyhead

It is unpleasant to wake up at 10:00 a.m. on a Wednesday morning when you are SUPPOSED TO BE AT WORK. Ugh. Even more unpleasant when you realize that your boss is the only one actually at work because everyone has called in sick or is late.

I should come with a disclaimer: I do a really good imitation of awake---and then I go right back to sleep. Which is what happened when Amy unsuspectingly left me in bed when she went to work. Now I feel like I am just kind of drifting in the middle of a day....

There was no Bible study time this morning. There was no food. There was no shower. THERE WAS NO COFFEE.

Now I am discombobulated. Sigh.


(You know, the Katrina Disaster has made it awfully difficult to feel sorry for oneself. It has made an incredible impact on my daily perspective. I truly am incredibly blessed. Shout!)

3 Comments:

Blogger betsy said...

shout!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

:) It's a good thing we have power to make coffee at--let's see, what time is it?--4:00 PM! Shout!! Miss you gal.

4:02 PM  
Anonymous ang said...

i can call and wake you up if you want me to start doing so. is that why you didn't call me back today while i was bored in the car, stuck in traffic and otherwise lost in orlando!?

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web hit counter