Monday, August 29, 2005

Jesus Dork

I think that, by now, we all understand that my dorkiness is a key facet of my being. What you may NOT realize is that my dorkiness has now reached epic proportions. Keep reading... you'll see...

I switched churches recently, for several reasons. One of the main reasons, however, was that I wanted to be able to participate in Bible Study and/or Adult Sunday School classes. Churches gear up for a new year at the same time schools gear up for a new year. So, when enrollment time rolled around a few weeks ago, I eagerly signed up for Disciple Bible Study. (Note: Each time I try to type Bible, it seems to come out "bile". Heh.)

Disciple Bible Study is a thirty-four week study. Don't read it again... you read it right the first time... thirty-four weeks. Not only that, but you have to commit to about four hours of reading during the week and attend class once a week for two hours. Dork Factor #1: I am super-excited about this. I have talked Amy's ear off about it. I have even made her a list of suggested readings from my studies.

At our orientation meeting (yes, orientation), one of the facilitators suggested that we get a new Bible for the class. Apparently, if you read a Bible that you have marked up over the years, you are more likely to skim. THERE IS NO SKIMMING, FOLKS. Dork Factor #2: I was lusting after the idea of having a new Bible. (Do you think Jesus gets mad about lusting after Bibles?) I love new books. And I even knew which Bible I wanted, because it was a larger version of the one I bought for Amy. I was jealous, because her Bible had better historical and cultural notes. My Bible had notes like, "Only God knows what is best for you. Never question God's goodness." That even made ME want to puke. Condescending toned Bible. Hmpf.

And this brings me to the sweetest, dorkiest part of the whole post... Dork Factor #3: For our two year anniversary, Amy bought me a leather bound version of the EXACT BIBLE I WANTED. Since you know me, it is unnecessary to tell you that I cried. So excited, I am. I get to take it to my first Bible Class tomorrow night. I love it. It was one of the most thoughtful gifts I have ever received.

Dork Factor #4: I am going to marry a woman that embraces my dorkiness. Life is good.

7 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

This post has it all: Jealousy, Lust, Envy...

And you are my little dorkalicious girl. Happy 2 Years Tomorrow sweethead.

2:34 PM  
Blogger betsy said...

you guys make me want to puke .. but in good way. you know, the way kyle (kyle?) pukes when he talks to wendy testaberger. heh.

32 weeks = more than six months. wow.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Kiker said...

I would appreciate it if you could refrain from puking ON us when you see us this weekend.

Thank you.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

i want to see you this weekend!! AND your lusty Bible. :) Happy anniversary you two, i love ya.

3:34 PM  
Blogger betsy said...

you're BOTH coming this weekend??

4:06 PM  
Blogger Kiker said...

Yes, both of us. For my birthday. :) Yay! Good times!

4:16 PM  
Blogger betsy said...

*big happy face*

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web hit counter